The house grew quieter with every passing minute.
The lights were dimmed, casting soft shadows across the room. She sat on the couch, her emerald dress flowing around her, while he stood nearby, as if unsure whether to stay or walk away again.
“Funny,” she said, breaking the silence, “how everything changes… but some things don’t.”
He glanced at her. “Like what?”
“Us.”
The word lingered in the air.
He let out a small, almost bitter laugh. “There is no ‘us’ anymore.”
She looked at him, her eyes steady. “Isn’t there?”
He didn’t answer immediately.
Instead, he walked to the window, staring out as if the darkness outside could offer him clarity.
“You left,” he finally said. “You made that choice.”
Her chest tightened. “I thought it was the right one.”
“And now?”
She stood up slowly, walking toward him. “Now I think… I was wrong.”
That confession hit harder than anything else she had said.
He turned to face her, his expression conflicted. “You can’t just come back and say that like it fixes everything.”
“I’m not trying to fix everything,” she replied. “I’m just being honest.”
They were close now. Too close.
The kind of closeness that carried memories—late-night talks, laughter, promises… and heartbreak.
“I missed you,” she whispered.
He closed his eyes for a brief moment, as if fighting something inside himself.
“You don’t get to say that,” he murmured.
“But I do,” she insisted. “Because it’s true.”
Silence.
Heavy. Emotional. Real.
Finally, he looked at her again—really looked this time. Not as the woman who left, but as the one standing in front of him now.
Vulnerable.
Honest.
Still his… in some unspoken way.
“You always make things complicated,” he said softly.
She smiled faintly. “Only because they matter.”
A long pause followed.
Then, quietly, he said, “Stay a little longer.”
Her heart skipped.
Not because it meant everything was fixed…
But because it meant something still existed.
Something unfinished.
And as the night stretched on, neither of them rushed to end it.
Because some stories…
Don’t end when they’re supposed to.
They wait.
For the right moment to begin again.

0 Comments